Sunday, July 1, 2012

Worth

In high school I think I had more guy friends than girl friends. I liked being around guys because they were way funny for one, and two they were relaxed/chill about everything. I had girl friends too, but I didn't hang out with them as much. Now that I've been in college, that has changed haha. I never truly realized the value of sisterhood until I came here.

In Relief Society, we had a lesson about how much women are worth in the eyes of God. A girl made a comment that hit me so hard. She said her brother is on the hunt for a wife hahaha. She asked him what type of girl he was looking for. He responded, "A woman who knows her worth is the one for me."

When I heard that sentence, I got the chills EVERYWHERE. How powerful is that?!?! Hearing that (especially coming from a guy) was amazing. It made me think that I want people to look at me and see that I know my worth. I'm not trying to say that in a prideful way, but in a way that shows gratitude to my Father in Heaven. He loves us and blesses us with the knowledge that we're his children and are worth so much. In high school I don't think I really knew my worth. I relied on other people or things to reassure it. Being at college has really opened my eyes to how we can't rely on other people for our self-esteem and worth. 


Whenever I go to church I LOVE it. I love the feelings I get and the people I meet. I especially love Relief Society though. There's just something about sisters being together that makes me happy. I know that men and women aren't complete and can't achieve absolute joy without each other, but I've loved having roommates, and enjoying sisterhood while I have it :) Always remember, "The one who knows their worth is the one for you." Never settle for anything less... because when they know their worth, they'll know yours. 


I can't wait to be with someone someday who honors his priesthood, knows his worth, and knows women's worth also. I love this life, and learning about the Gospel! I'm grateful for my amazing friends throughout the years, the new ones I've met, and the ones I will meet!












Love, Karli Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment