Sunday, December 9, 2012

Joy


(There's so much I want to say, so this post is probably all over the place haha)

On Monday night I went caroling with my ward to an old folk's home and just around neighborhoods. We were on trailers with hay, which made it a night of goofing off and laughing, but also a night of feeling the spirit of Christmas music. The little old folks were so sweet and fun :)

On Tuesday I was able to go on a date to The Jump Zone (Thanks Bryon!). Although I'm not athletic in ANY shape or form whatsoever, it was great! I definitely want to go again! We had hot chocolate after, which was divine. It's always fun being with people and having a good time :)

Friday afternoon my parents took me out for lunch and then we went to the temple together. It was my second time going through! Such a wonderful experience! I'm grateful to have parents who will be with me in the Lord's house :) That night Kallin and I had a sleepover with R3! We ate food, went to Wally world, painted nails, and watched Elf. Such a great night laughing and being with good friends!

All the things I did this week were small and simple, but made me really happy. I've been thinking a lot about my mission. Of course I'm excited to serve, but while I'm here I'm really trying to cherish these last moments.

Like talking with Kallin every night till 2:00 in the morning, being with the people I love, laughing at nothing/everything, and most importantly loving the Gospel. Sometimes I've been so happy that I can't fall asleep :) I cherish those nights the most. 

Life would be absolutely nothing without simple joys, and I'm grateful for them. I can't wait to proclaim this Gospel and help others feel the joy I've felt through Jesus Christ. The Gospel is true. I love it and this life with all my heart!




Love, Karli Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment