Wednesday, September 19, 2012

One Year

It's funny how so much can change in one year. One year ago around this time I was going through a lot of changes that were hard. I have this flip chart calender thing that says a scripture for each day. On September 18th (a year ago) I looked at that calender, and it said, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivereth him out of them all."

I remember reading that and feeling some comfort, but of course it didn't change my circumstances or how I felt. Those changes and hard times started out as pain, but slowly became small aches, and eventually faded away. Those changes became blessings, and I tried to look at the bright side. I started studying the scriptures more, and becoming closer to my Heavenly Father.

College became easier and so fun! I met new friends (thanks P-2 boys!) and became closer to Kallin. Yesterday was September 18, and I looked at that scripture once again. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivereth him out of them all."

Reading that made me realize how much Heavenly Father has helped me over the past year. I wasn't completely happy or better in a few days. It took almost a year, but he DID deliver me. I know there are times when we feel like hard times won't end... but they WILL :)

That doesn't mean my life is perfect now, but Heavenly Father helped open my eyes to what "perfect" is. I'm GRATEFUL for those things I thought were burdens/hardships. The small moments matter to me so much more than they once did.

Now more than ever I find myself constantly wanting to be with people. I love school and work, but being with the people I care about is my favorite. Even if it's just sitting around talking, going out to lunch, playing Apples To Apples haha... ANYTHING, I just love it. Thanks everyone, for being my friends and being a part of this past year! Life is so amazing!!!

"Sometimes God calms the storm, but sometimes He lets the storm rage, and calms the sailor."



Love, Karli Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment