Monday, October 8, 2012

Mission!

It's funny how you think you have your whole life planned :) I wanted to attend college, meet a righteous attractive man, get married or be engaged by the time I was 20, and finish my degree. Great plan... right?! ;)

The past few months I haven't been doing the best with grades, and haven't been asked out on a date in who knows how long. The whole "get married and graduate" plan wasn't exactly coming along haha. There were times I felt discouraged and lost because things seemed to be going nowhere. Saturday morning of conference changed EVERYTHING :)

I had been praying about finding out what I needed to be doing. So I had specific questions for Conference. As soon as President Monson mentioned the age changes, I knew a mission was an answer to my prayers :) I prayed and asked if it was right, and I got my answer! Sunday morning I'm having a meeting with my bishop about starting my papers! I'm SOOO excited!!!

I look back on my whole "plan" and realize that it was all selfish. Getting my degree and getting married was kind of all about me... but I know that going on a mission will help me serve others more, and let others know about this amazing Gospel. All the things I was worried about make sense now :)

At the end of this semester I'll stop going to school and just start working full-time until I leave. I can't wait to start preparing to serve my brothers and sisters, and the Lord!

I'M GLAD THEY CALLED ME ON A MISSION!!! :)

Love, Karli Sue

3 comments:

  1. We are SO excited for you! Can't wait!!!!!! I LOVE your blog by the way. This will be a really fun way for people to keep up with you while you are on your mission too (if your Mom would be willing to post to it). Love ya. - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing Karli! I am so excited for you and you are going to be the best Sister Missionary ever!! Love ya girl, "Forget yourself and get to work!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kami and Michelle! You're so sweet! That means a lot to me, really. I know, I think Kallin will update it for me :) Love both of you!

    ReplyDelete