Sunday, March 11, 2012

Door Hinges

I heard a few awesome things in church today!

First- Doors open with small hinges. The same can relate to people's lives. The small things we do each day help us open the door to Christ. Each small thing we do for someone else, helps their door open a little bit wider. This also coincides with the scripture "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

Second- "Taking the pain out of trials is like taking the love out of life." This was such a true and great statement. The pain we feel today will be the strength we feel tomorrow. We need to have trying times to get the most out of the good times.

Third- We're commanded to help the poor and needy... but the phrase "poor and needy" doesn't always mean those who are suffering physically or financially. This can have a lot of different meanings. The poor and the needy can mean people who are poor in spirit, or people who need love or friendship. We DO need to help those less fortunate, but more importantly we need to find those who are struggling in other ways.

I love this Gospel SO much! I always feel happy and uplifted when I focus on Christ. It's my life and my love. I've never really felt like I've NEEDED to serve a mission, but I still love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the Gospel through Facebook, blogging, emails, etc. The technology that we have now is amazing, and I'm so thankful that we can use it for good. I have LOVED going to the Single's Ward at Utah State. Every single Sunday I feel amazing, and the lessons are exactly what I need to hear. Surprisingly I never want to visit my hometown because I'm afraid of not hearing from my ward here haha. Today was a great day in church, as always :)

Love, Karli Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment