Monday, April 9, 2012

Grow Old With

"Have you ever fallen in love with someone you haven't even talked to? Or seen somebody, and you knew that if only that person REALLY knew you, they would (first of course dump the perfect model they were with) realize that you were the one that they wanted to just... grow old with."


This quote was on the movie "While You Were Sleeping." I've been thinking a lot lately about my future husband (when am I not haha), and I always wonder how we're going to meet or if we have met already. On campus there are so many guys, so many faces, so many different people that I don't know. If I start to care about a guy, how am I going to make him know who I really am? How can I stand out when I'm up against the perfect models that all the guys go for? 


When I care about someone, I care about them forever. I love people with my whole heart... but I don't know how I can show that to someone who I watch from a distance or care about when we just met. These General Conference talks from April 2011 answered my questions  


President Monson's talk: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/priesthood-power?lang=eng 


Elder Scott's talk:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwHmjd70cso


One of my favorite lines is, "Marriage isn't about finding the right person... it's about BEING the right person." 


I may not stand out in a crowd, or have the most in-style fashions, but if I'm focusing on BEING the right person, then the right guy will notice me. I'm so thankful for President Monson and Elder Scott. These are probably two of my favorite talks. I LOVE hearing talks about marriage and love 


I'll find him someday... the one I want to grow old with!



Love, Karli Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment