Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Tomb Is Empty

I cannot even describe the peace and holiness that I feel from going to church today. I am BURSTING with joy and love for my Savior, and I wish I could declare my feelings to the WORLD! If this feeling is so amazing and I'm on earth, I can't even imagine the feelings we will have when we actually meet the Savior in heaven.

I look back on celebrating Easter in my family, and I am so grateful that my parents taught me what it truly is about. Yeah, we got candy and small gifts... but the greatest gift of all that I've learned from them is that the tomb is empty.

Someday when I have sweet little children of my own, I want to have an Easter egg hunt. I want my kids to have fun searching for the eggs, but not open them until the end. Then have the eggs be empty, to signify that Christ's tomb is empty... and he lives. I'll explain to them that in life there will be worldly things (the candy) that might distract us, but we need to "hunt" for the right things in life. Of course I will give them some gifts after that lesson, but I hope when they look back at Easter, they remember the true meaning... just like I do when I look back. I can't wait to someday have a family of my own! I can't wait to love them with all my heart and try to teach them to understand and gain a testimony of their own.

I'm so HAPPY right now! This life is truly amazing! I'm grateful for Christ, and his resurrection. I wish I could tell anyone and everyone the testimony I have!
Remember, THE TOMB IS EMPTY!



Love, Karli Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment